What We Do

Trust Athlete Immigration - Trust Thomas J. Arkell


As an experienced and renowned immigration attorney, Thomas J. Arkell has provided personal service to athletes, coaches and their families for applications for permanent residence (based on marriage to a United States citizen or ability as an athlete or coach) and United States citizenship. Mr. Arkell has experience with the busy schedules of players and coaches and is able to coordinate the timing of immigration services around the busy lives of his clients.

Permanent Residence

A Green Card holder (permanent resident) is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. As proof of that status, a person is granted a permanent resident card, commonly called a “Green Card.” You can become a permanent resident several different ways. Most individuals are sponsored by a family member or employer in the United States but some high level athletes and coaches do not need an employer to sponsor them.

United States Citizenship

Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). You may qualify for naturalization if you have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements or you have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.

Work Visas

P-1, O-1, TN and H-1B are nonimmigrant visas for players, coaches, and staff for employment in the U.S. on a temporary basis.